Who we are
What information we collect and how the information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and ensure that only you or whoever uses your computer is able to download a specific Playstage script.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from our website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
- To process your order and to provide after-sales service.
- To comply with legal requirements.
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information about new plays and pantomimes. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase. We will never pass the information we collect to third parties not involved in supplying our online service. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
- You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by using our contact form or by writing to us at Playstage YA, PO Box 71274, London, SW11 9GY. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process orders or to comply with customer service or after sales obligations.
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the above address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Playstage to cover our administration costs.
A cookie is a small text file sent from a website and stored in the user’s web browser while the user is browsing it. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the user’s previous activity. The only cookie currently in use is used to support analysis and understanding of how people use the website (what they like most, when is the busiest time of day on the site, have people found new content when it is published, etc). This analysis is to help improve the usage and effectiveness of the website. The data collection and reporting behind this analysis is currently provided by Google Analytics.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Users’ continued use will indicate agreement to the use of a Google cookie.